Friday, January 06, 2006

....Epiphany & Eeyore...

Today is the Epiphany and it’s traditional that an ugly old woman brings children little gift(I don't know if this is a worldwide tradition !?!)…Alice was really happy today... she has received a lot of candy and no coal (the old woman brings coal to the naughty children !!)

I have started and finished Eeyore kit for my sister…I have made a mess I have used two strands instead of one…I realize it when it was too late...I was in the middle of the stitching so I continue to stitch in this way, the only problem is that there isn’t enough Lavender floss so I search the Dmc floss that is more similar …I think that the difference between the two kind of floss is little…:o)

I put the pattern on the top of a pink (Alice has painted it!!) box as showed in the magazine and give it to my sister.

Yesterday my X stitch order is arrived !!! hurrah!!! I received Touching the Autumn Sky (Mirabilia) it’s the most elegant chart I’ve ever bought!!! And all the Flip it Stamp of Lizzie kate for the SAL of Friend Gather unfortunately I have forgotten to order the January stamp what ever was I thinking of!?! Now I have to make a new order :o( and postpone the starting of the Sal I think we have to start with January….

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Chiara, what size fabric/count are you doing the L*K SAL on? I want to do mine like this...Could you e-mail me about it? pj everitt @ iconn. net (with out the spaces). I hope your sister likes the Eeyore. You can't even see the difference in the floss.

Von said...

The Eeyore box is really cute - I'm sure your sis will love it!! What fun to get stash in the mail :) Enjoy your SAL, it's a very fun design!

Africa said...

In Spain the Thee wise man the ones that bring the gifts to the children today ;P.
your Eeyore is very cute i think your sister will love it.

Anne S said...

Your Eeyore is looking great - your sister will love it, I'm sure ... I also love the way you put the chart on the box - great idea!