Thursday, May 11, 2006

...SBQ...

Today's is:

When you stitch from a kit and use the supplied floss do you have leftovers? If so, how much and what do you do with them? If not, do you usually have just enough or do you have to dig into your stash to finish?

For all the kits I have stitched I have had a lot of leftover… except for a Cross Stitcher kit I finish the treads in the middle of the chart…but it was my own fault: I stitched it in two strand instead of one strand so I have to dig into my stash…I usually put the leftover with the kit chart…maybe one time I’ll re-stitch it…

I’m too far behind with my SBQ answers so let’s go:

Do you or have you stitched with over-dyed threads? (Weeks Dye Works, The Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Six Strand Sweets, etc.) If so, what is your opinion concerning them? If not, why not?

I stitch for the first time with Six Strand Sweets for Melanie SBEBB exchange…the floss isn’t shaded so I didn’t notice any significant difference with Dmc floss….I’m stitching Lizzie Kate flip it with DMC floss instead of the over-dyed threads recommended but the end results quite disappointing is I think I’ll buy over-dyed threads for my next Lizzie Kate project…unfortunately my LNS don’t sell them :o( )

This SBQ was suggested by Jenna and is:

Do you do obligation or deadline-based stitching? Why or why not? If you do, do you tend to get in over your head and why?

Yes I have deadline based stitching for RR and Exchanges. I force myself to subscribe only to few RR an exchange to stitch the piece with calm, but usually I subscribe to a lot of it (all that I love and they are very much) so I have no time to stitch for me to respect the deadline….:o)

SBQ suggested by Carol and is:

For those of you that stitch while riding in the car or on the train, how do you cope with the bumps and the motion? Do you have any tips for others?

I don’ t stitch in the car or in the train….

No comments: